by Glen Swartwout
The health of the liver is central to the overall health of the body. The liver being the largest internal organ, is responsible for many processes related to digestion, absorption, processing, storage, detoxification and elimination. Certain toxins including heavy metals and petrochemicals, including synthetic drugs, are difficult to detoxify, solubilize and eliminate from the liver. They can become deposited in the microscopic bile ducts that drain from the liver into the gall bladder, similar to the processes of atherosclerosis in the blood vessels.
We can assist the liver in unburdening itself of toxins by periodically following the cleansing steps of a liver flush. Springtime is a good time for renewal and, according to the philosophy of Chinese medicine, the liver energy is strong during this time.
There are three stages in cleansing the liver of this buildup of deposits and stones:
- 1. For one month take the following program to soften the stones and deposits clogging the intricate network of bile ducts:
- Maxogenol (1 tablet twice a day, sucked, chewed or swallowed)
- Yucca extract taken one dropperful twice a day (or substitute capsules taken 2, 3 times a day).
- Phoschol, one capsule once or twice a day. Phosphatidyl Choline is one of the best solvents to make fats water soluble.
- 2. For three days prior to the planned date of your final liver flush take the following:
- Fast on apple juice.
- Yucca extract at an increased dosage of one dropperful three times a day in water.
- MSM taken 1/2 teaspoon (or 5 capsules: 200 capsules) three times a day in water.
- 3. Evening of the third day complete the final liver flush with the following procedure:
- Drink one cup of extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil.
- Follow the olive oil with 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Go to bed, lying on right side for at least 30 minutes, with your knees tucked up toward your chest.